Saturday, 20 December 2014

Exams finished yesterday.

Now, I'm tired and I feel like going home.

The past 3 months at Imperial have been very challenging and eventful. I learnt a lot. I network a lot better. I know how to case people for their interview. I understand how important it is to manage my emotions and stick to the task (stoic).

I did more work than required and was rewarded with opportunities that generally would not have been available to me if I did the minimum like I used to in Newcastle/JJC/NanHua.

I feel like my career is starting to take shape now. A lot of work to do ahead, but being able to see progress and realise that my work paying off is a fantastic feeling.

Anyway, I had a realisation the other day that the days of having people being able to chat to you online for hours are over. Everyone's either working or going to start work already and they just don't have the time to hey hows life etc. Even for me I found it hard to make time for people when my schedule was very tight like during exams week and deadline weeks.

So yeah, these are slow, incremental but real changes that are happening to my life. After years of writing and thinking about change, I finally chose to change and embrace change.

I have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment