Saturday, 7 June 2014

Took the first train out into London. Arrived at the school one hour early. I was nervous. I walked around the school. I paced around in the toilet. I did some 'power poses' in the cubicle. When I was ready I got back out into the reception, met the guy and I interviewed for an hour. After that we got back to the reception area again where I shook his hand and thanked him for his time. Went to the toilet again to change out of my suit, and then took a slow walk out of the campus. For 9 months I dreamt about this and I'd like to believe in that hour and in the preceding 9 months I did everything I could. I hope that I'll be given the opportunity to start school there in August.

One of the biggest lessons I've learnt this year is that I've spent too much time wondering about other people's lives and feeding my own insecurities. Screw social media and negative talk, you'll find life to be a lot more easier.

1 comment:

  1. Last paragraph.. well said.
    But it's easier said than done. J

    ReplyDelete